Prior to the installation process the house roof and switchboard must be observed to ensure that everything is suitable.
There may be compliance issues if the switchboard is old and extra costs if the roof is found to be asbestos material. All of this will be explained at this stage
The installation process for any system usually takes a full day.
- First of all the inverter is located along with the necessary safety switches and power cable to the switchboard.
- Work must be done to then make the switchboard solar ready this result in the power being temporarily switched off for the household for approx 1hr and the addition of warning labels inside the power board
- Next step is the addition of solar panels mounting system to the roof this operation varies depending on roof type and pitch. A tile roof requires more attention than a tin roof as tiles must be moved and removed to add the tile feet which are specially designed so as to not cause leaks.
- Once the feet are in place the mounting bracket is attached. Care is taken so that every component is level and straight as this will affect the panel placement.
- Once the panels are placed and the cables are run and connected final tests are performed to ensure correct and safe operation of the system.
- We will then demonstrate the functions and safe operation of your system and answer any questions you may have about its operation.
- Depending on the circumstances your system may be left to operate at this point, however on completion the paper work will be lodged with Energex so that they can visit and upgrade the metering on your house to measure the generated solar.